Thursday, October 30, 2008

Three different areas to spend $500 million

If I had exactly 500 million dollars to spend and I could only spend it in three different areas, I would first give 200 million dollars to the very poor in the areas of the United States that need it the most. I would give it to different churches, food banks and shelters. I would make sure that it would be given to organizations that are very reputable and have the means of reaching the people who need it the most. I think that using the pay-it-forward system would work well. If I made the condition that if I help those then they would help the next person they felt needed help, perhaps then we could really help those around the world. I feel people are so wrapped up in worrying about people in the rest of the world they forget about the many homeless and those people who just need a little bit of help here in the States. I believe in helping the people at home first. If we can help our citizens to be stronger, then more people will be able to help those in the rest of the world. And I am sure in this current stage of economic slow down there could be many people in our own communities that could use the help.

I would then buy land in the critical winter ranges of the Rocky Mountain Elk. I would spend 200 million dollars to procure land in Wyoming, Montana, or Colorado. I know this may not buy much land, but I would look for land in the greatest danger for development. I would put as much of the land as I could into a conservation easement with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I will use some of the land to raise cattle and possibly begin to have the dude ranches that I have wanted for a long time. I would be constantly looking for ways to improve the ranches and make them better for those who use them in the future.

I would take the last 100 million dollars and invest it in rental properties. Rental properties would be good in this economy as so many people are downsizing. The prices of my rental properties would be most reasonable as there are so many people in need of good housing all over the United States. I would keep working for a living so I can pay for my children’s college. It is always beneficial to start a career with no debt.

I would always make sure my money was working for me in the best way to help others. I am sure there are many other ways to help people with this amount of money and if other people have ideas I would love to have them. I just wish that I had that much money so that I could help people in the way that I desire, I need to remember that there are many small ways of helping people with little or no money.

No comments:

Post a Comment