Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting

Today is the day to vote. I hope that everybody that can does or has. This is a right that many of us have not had for very long in the United States. Younger people today may forget that it was just in the last century that women did not have the same rights they do now. I have been voting for many years. I can still remember my first time. It was out in the country and I went with my parents. It was a warm summer afternoon as we walked into the building. Those I saw I had known all my life and they greeted me with a warm smile, as they knew it was going to be my first time voting. I remember filling out the card saying who I was and what my party affiliation was going to be. I then took my card into the booth and punched holes in the card. When I had finished voting I took my ballot and stuck it in the box. I was very proud that I had exercised my right to vote. I look back on that time with fond memories, because people no longer vote there.

No comments:

Post a Comment