Sunday, February 1, 2009

How to write a personal letter- Congratulations

Do you know someone who is celebrating their anniversary, graduating or announcing their engagement? Then you need to write a letter of congratulations. Here is how you do it.

Say your congratulations at the beginning of your note and also at the end. Don’t forget to mention the occasion. Do not add any other information in with your news, unless it is a birthday card. When proofreading make sure you have not gone overboard on the compliments.

Dear Sam and Joanne,

I saw your engagement in the paper, congratulations. I look forward to your wedding and wish you nothing but happiness.

Once I again I am thrilled for you.

Love,
Susan


Dear Jim,

Congratulations on the new position at XYE Incorporated. I am sure you will inspire and please many people with your new position. I hope you find great job satisfaction.

I wish you the best.

Love,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment