Thursday, February 12, 2009

How to write a resume- Getting Started

Today I am going to start a new series on writing resumes. I had to write them when I was in college for several different classes. I was very glad that I had someone teach and help me write a resume tailored to my needs. I am going to focus on all age groups, because we all need the best resume to get both our first and last jobs.

I encourage all of you to comment if you have ways that have worked for you.

One of the things you are going to want to think about when beginning your resume is what is your experience and what are you going to focus on. When I did my first resume it focused on my awards and recognitions in high school and jobs. My latest resume focused on skills acquired and jobs. It did not even mention any awards or recognitions.

You can also decide if you are going to write it yourself, use software for help or just hire someone to help you.

I trust this gets you thinking about begin building your resume. Please comment if you have more thoughts. We all need each other help in this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment