Saturday, January 17, 2009

How to write a short story- Part Four

How is everybody doing with their short story. I am working right along on mine. I think it the next week I will have the rough draft posted and then I will work on the proofreading. I want to make sure I have a good handle on this story for you and then we will move onto a different type of writing. I will of course work on the individual writing prompts too. Does anybody have any writing prompts to share? Thank you for reading and keep up the good writing.

It shore is a nice ride up Libby Creek. It is flowing at is usual speed and the green leaves reflecting in the water are just marvelous. The glen looks just like it did a week ago when I tried my first talk with God. I had a lot of doubt that time the last time I tried to come to terms with God and his existence, but I prayed a lot this week. I read the book of Genesis and I now know Satan was the one who was leading me on. He really did cause Adam and Eve, Cain and the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah among many other a lot of problems. I have read what God has done to those who do not obey him and I do not want that to happen to me.

I thank today I will work on reading the book of Romans and the book of Psalms. Last night after I was done with my work I took a glance through the Bible and saw different chapters in Psalms that looked as if they could help me understand God in a more personable way. I aim to banish Satan from my life forever.

I know I should pray before I begin my work with God. I remember the one I said earlier and I think it should be similar, but I don’t know if he likes repeats, so I’d best say it different.

Dear Lord,
I’m now here at my special glen to talk to you and read about you. Please give me the courage and the knowledge to get to know you. Show me where in the Bible I am to begin. In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment