Friday, January 16, 2009

How to write a short story- Part Three

I am a bit nervous about goin’. I am not shore what it is I am supposed to read. I don’t know what I should ask. I jest don’t know. Perhaps it is time for a prayer now.

Dear Lord,
I’m comin’ to talk to you today. I want to git to know you in the way I hear everybody talkin’. I just don’t see how you have ‘nuff love for everybody, especially a poor uneducated fool like me. Please give me the courage and the knowledge to get to know you. In your name I pray, Amen.

I guess I had best get my satchel, Bible and git my meal decided. I think I’ll be takin’ a loaf of bread and a chunk a cheese. I will get some water out of the creek to drink and fill up the thermos so it will be nice and cool.

Glad I got up early, so I can git out of here, before anybody asks where I am goin’ and if they can go along too. Glad Jack is on the pasture and he can be ridden bareback. I can just git Jack over to one of the stumps and hop onto his back. I shore love the gentle horse I was able to earn ‘nuff money to buy. I’m glad I don’t have to pay for feed, the mister just lets me keep Jack here for as long as I’m here.

No comments:

Post a Comment