Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day after Christmas

My day after Christmas was a lot of fun. We went to feed some horses that belong to a friend of my sister. They had gotten out their pasture, so we had to get them back in. I have never had that much experience with horses, even though I have lived on a ranch. I am used to cows, so it was tricky to figure out how to get the horses where I wanted. I finally just opened the fence where they were and let them back in to the pasture. It was cold and windy, but it was a fun challenge working with the horses.

The rest of the day was cold, snowy and windy so we stayed inside and played the games we received. I had never played Apples to Apples before. It is a game where everybody has five cards in their hands and they have to pick which one matches the card that is drawn. One person is the judge and decides which one matches best. It was a lot of fun. I did pretty well until I got cocky and then I didn't get anymore cards.

I hope everybody is having a wonderful time for your holidays.

Here is a recipe you can use for your New Year's Celebrations.

Guacamole
1 Cup mashed ripe avocado (2 avocados)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon grated onion
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon chili powder
Combine the above in a small bowl
1/3 Cup mayonnaise
Spread the mayonnaise over the mixture sealing to the edges of the bowl. Chill. At serving time, stir in mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment