Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Digital photography vs. film photography

When I was younger and started taking pictures I used a black and white 110 camera. I had a lot of fun taking pictures of people, buildings and animals. When I was older I had color film for my 110 camera and it was even better to see my pictures in color.

It wasn’t until I was in college that I had a 35m camera. The Minolta camera was even more fun than the other cameras I had used. I was able to get clearer pictures of things far away. That was important to me, because I was always trying to take pictures of wildlife and the mountains.

When I was married for about a year my husband got a digital camera. At first, I was not too sure about it. The more I used it though, the more I liked it. It was really nice being able to take a picture and then see if it was good or not. I was hooked.

A couple of years ago I was given a Canon Rebel Xti for a present. I have the two lenses that came with it and now I am in love with digital photography. I can do so much more with my dslr than I could do with my 110 camera. It is lots of fun to take pictures of the elk and mountains. I have been learning that all the different lenses are great to have. It is fun to take the pictures I have always wanted to.

I even have my young children taking pictures with their digital cameras. I enjoy seeing what they see. I am glad that I don’t have to pay for the film, because they take thousands of pictures. I just have to worry about running out of space on my hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment